Recipe: Vegan Beet Hummus
- 2 small roasted beet
- 1 carrot
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, mostly drained
- zest of one large lemon
- juice of half a large lemon
- 1 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heaping Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Roast beets and carrots in oven until tender.
- Once your beets and carrots are cooled, place in food processor or vitamix.
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Garnish with olive oil, edible flowers, and pumpkin seeds.
Adapted from Minimimalist Baker